Cosmetic Surgery in Malaysia | Eyelid surgery
Cosmetic Surgery in Malaysia in eyelid surgery is a very popular procedure. This involves removing fat, along with excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids. Drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes which can make you look older and tired will be removed. While blepharoplasty can enhance your appearance and give you youthful eyes, it will not completely change the way you look. Your expectations should be realistic.
Usually, this procedure will take from one to two hours. Incisions follow the natural lines of your eyelids. The incision line will also be hidden within the natural creases of your upper lids. And just below the lashes in your lower lids.
Younger patients may not need any skin removed from lower eyelids. So, the surgeon can perform transconjunctival blepharoplasty (incision line will be inside your lower eyelids). Any pockets of fat can be removed from beneath your lower eyelids and there will be no visible scar.
Cosmetic Surgery in Malaysia Eyelid surgery is usually performed under local anaesthesia unless it is combined with face-lift surgery.
- If this surgery is undertaken by a qualified plastic surgeon, complications are infrequent and usually minor. As with every surgical procedure, there are still risks and potential complications include:
- Blurred or double vision, lasting for a few days.
- Swelling and bruising which may last for several days to two weeks.
- Some asymmetry during healing. This will normally correct once healing is complete.
- Following surgery eyes can be dry and uncomfortable. This is normally temporary and can be treated with eye drops.
Care after the surgery:
- Keep your head elevated for several days after surgery.
- Cold compresses are used for the first few days to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Recommended using Eye-drops.
- Some surgeons apply tape to the upper and lower lids for the first 24 hours.
- You should avoid extreme activity for at least 3 weeks following surgery.
- After surgery, removal of stitches will be between 5 and 6 days.
- Swelling and bruising will gradually disappear in one to two weeks.
- Scars will be red initially but will fade and are barely noticeable within several weeks. Though internal healing will take longer.
- Most people have excellent long lasting results.
- Contact us to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure or for more information