What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation Thailand is a procedure to increase the size of the breasts.
Breast augmentation Thailand can be a day clinic procedure under general anaesthetic or with an overnight hospital stay under general anaesthetic. Your Plastic Surgeon will insert an implant under the breast tissue or the chest muscle.
Where will the Incision be?
- The simplest and most popular method is to make an incision in the crease under the breasts known as the Inframammary Incision. This method normally causes no problems with future breastfeeding. And the scar is usually hidden by the fold under the breasts. The scar will fade to a thin red line within a few weeks. Then, the scar will gradually fade more and more with time.
- There are several other methods including making the Incision Periareolar Incision. However, this is the most concealed option. But is associated with a higher likelihood of breastfeeding difficulties than the other incision options. This is because it involves cutting through the breast tissue. In addition, this may also increase the chance that there will be a change in nipple sensation.
- Alternatively, you can choose the Transaxillary Incision which is made under the arm. This incision site is best if your surgeon is using unfilled saline breast implants. However, Silicone implants have become so popular and reliable in recent years that saline implants are used much less often.
- Transumbilical Incision made in the belly button or umbilical channel has not been well studied and is not normally recommended.
What Size and Shape are the Implants?
Silicone Breast implant size is measured in cubic centimetres – ccs. Though a wide range of sizes is available implants between 200ccs and 450ccs are most commonly used. These sizes are different from normal bra cup sizes.
Choosing the best size to suit your body is very important. Also, this is something that you will need to do during your pre-surgery consultation with your plastic surgeon.
Shape: The two main shapes of the implant are Round and Tear Drop.
Also known as Anatomical implants are designed to match the silhouette of a natural breast. This is with more fullness at the bottom than at the top. Also, a teardrop-shaped implant is thinner at the top. Therefore, it gradually blends into the upper chest. Some plastic surgeons use teardrop implants for women with extremely little or no breast tissue. This is to prevent them from appearing too full or round in the upper half of their breasts.
Teardrop shape implants must be oriented with the fullest portion at the bottom of the breast. It is possible, though unlikely, that teardrop implants may rotate following surgery. To reduce the risk of this teardrop implants are all textured. If a teardrop implant rotates surgery must be performed to straighten it out.
This has several advantages as they may rotate freely without aesthetic consequences and they may be textured or smooth. Also, many patients prefer the fuller look in the upper part of the breast. Round implants are less expensive than anatomical implants and come in a variety of sizes and dimensions as well as various profiles such as low, medium and high profiles and your plastic surgeon will advise you about these options during your consultation.
The result you get with the type of implant you choose will depend on your anatomy, the amount of tissue you start with, as well as your plastic surgeon and how he creates the pocket to insert the implant.
How Long with the Surgery take?
Although this varies on average the surgery lasts one to two hours.
What if I get pregnant after having the Surgery?
Your breasts will enlarge and will go through all the normal changes associated with pregnancy. The amount of breast enlargement will vary from woman to woman. Also, the size of the breast implants will factor into this as well.
What about Breast Feeding?
Many women with breast implants successfully breastfeed their babies. Difficulties have been reported following breast surgery particularly when a surgeon uses an around the nipple incision. It is important to tell your surgeon if there is any possibility that you may get pregnant after your surgery.
When can I wear fashion or underwire bras again?
You need to check with your surgeon but 2 to 3 months is the general advice of the time to wait before wearing underwire bras after implant surgery. Your body will be forming natural scar tissue around the implant for 2 to 3 months so the pressure of the wires could affect the smooth outcome of the healing process.
When can I start smoking?
Smoking causes the blood vessels to constrict reducing the blood supply and the oxygen supply to the tissues. Your body needs this blood supply and the oxygen in order to heal. Restricted blood supply to the tissues slows healing time. Doctors have different opinions about when patients should stop smoking before and after surgery. But a minimum of 3 weeks before and after is desirable.
Should I have Breast Implants? Yes if you:
- Are physically and emotionally healthy, have realistic expectations about the results of the surgery, and understand the risks and benefits of the procedure.
- Wish to increase the size of your breasts.
- Feel that your breast size is too small or disproportionate to your body.
- Aware that your breasts have become uneven and symmetry is desired.
- Know that significant weight loss has reduced the size of your breasts.
- Understand that your breast size and shape has changed after pregnancy.
- Are currently pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have an untreated malignant or pre-malignant cancer of their breast.
- No – If you have an active infection.
Will I be able to have a Mammogram after Implant Surgery?
Yes, you can have a mammogram and other imaging tests just as do women without implants. You may need to have additional views. Women with breast implants must inform the mammography technicians about the presence of their implants so that the technician can use special techniques to minimize any risks and get the best possible views of the breast tissue.
The Latest Silicone implants compared with those of the past.
Silicone gel-filled breast implants have undergone many changes and improvements over time. Today’s third generation silicone gel-filled breast implants are usually referred to as cohesive gel implants. These implants are safer, longer lasting and retain the natural feel that resembles actual breast tissues.
Our surgeons use only FDA approved Mentor implants from the US or Nagor implants from the UK.
What are the risks of Breast Augmentation Thailand surgery?
All surgery includes some risks, including reactions to anaesthesia, blood clots and infection. Additional possible complications from breast augmentation include changes in breast or nipple sensation and capsular contracture.
Normally sensation to the breast will gradually return.
Capsular contracture is a rare and unpredictable side effect of Breast Implant Surgery. This occurs when the scar around the implant hardens or becomes tight. The majority of the side effects associated with the procedure, such as swelling, bruising, scars and hardness, will disappear over time.
How long will recovery take?
Recovery from breast augmentation surgery may take two or three weeks. Any dressings will be removed several days after surgery so you can shower but arm movement will likely be limited. You should be able to return to light activities a few days to a week after surgery. However, heavy lifting and strenuous activity and exercise should be avoided for 4 to 6 weeks. Any bruising or discolouration will likely disappear quickly but swelling may take a month to subside