Breast Reduction is a surgical procedure in which fat, tissue, and skin are removed, making the breasts smaller. This surgery is often to relieve the following conditions:
- A backache
- Neck pain
- Skin irritation
- Poor posture
- Excessive sweating, rashes and skin infections under the breasts
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- An inability to exercise or take part in sports
It will also help women to feel more confident about their figure. This results in a more youthful looking and balanced body profile. Breast Reduction surgery also includes Breast Lift.
There are three main techniques:
- Traditional breast reduction (Anchor Method)
- Vertical incision breast reduction (Lolly Pop)
- “Scarless” breast reduction (Liposuction)
For each of these techniques, the surgeon uses a different incision to access the breast tissue. This leaves different types of scar. The surgeon will recommend a method based on your body type, the size of your breasts and what you hope to achieve through surgery. You should ask questions about each of these options so that you fully understand your treatment and the anticipated results.
This surgery can be undertaken to alleviate discomfort caused by excessively large breasts but patients should also have realistic expectations about the surgery and be knowledgeable about surgical options. Women may want to delay breast reduction surgery until they have reached maturity; they may also want to wait until after having children due to the small risk to the ability to breastfeed. There is also a risk of diminished sensation to the breasts and nipple, but this usually returns to normal with time.
Breast Reduction Malaysia | Traditional Anchor Pattern Breast Reduction
The most common type of breast reduction surgery performed today is the traditional anchor pattern. This technique has many advantages for women with very large breasts.
In the traditional breast reduction surgery, incisions are made horizontally under the breast in the crease and extend vertically up to and around the nipple, creating an anchor pattern. This method requires more extensive incisions than the other methods. The horizontal scar will be hidden in the fold of your breasts. The vertical scar will be visible but will gradually fade over several months.
The anchor method of breast reduction surgery allows for more excess skin and tissue removal and this is the best method for women with very large breasts. Removal of excess skin creates a smooth appearance within a few weeks after surgery and at the same time lifts the breasts.
The traditional method is also more effective for women who have more glandular tissue than fat which can be the case for slimmer women or those with very pendulous breasts and dense breast tissue.
Breast Reduction Malaysia | Vertical Incision Method (Lolly Pop)
Vertical incision breast reduction surgery results in shapelier breasts and less scarring than traditional breast reduction surgery. This is a popular alternative to the traditional method, especially for women who do not require extensive tissue removal.
Results produce a more natural breast shape and require a shorter simpler surgical procedure than standard breast reductions. However, the technique is not for everyone.
Incisions lines extend around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease. There is no horizontal incision along the breast crease as in the traditional method resulting in less scarring.
The vertical incision breast reductions are usually performed on women who require only a moderate amount of volume to be removed. This technique is less invasive, and less disruptive to the glandular tissue of the breast than the traditional procedure with shorter recovery time.
A variation is the ‘The Donut Lift‘
The incision is made around the perimeter of the areola only for this technique. So, this is why this technique is referred to as the ‘peri-areolar’ incision. This method is only suitable for women with a mild to moderate degree of sagging.
Breast Reduction Malaysia | Scarless – Liposuction Breast Reduction
Liposuction only breast reduction can provide women with very good results but not every woman is a suitable candidate. Breast reduction with liposuction cannot effectively treat sagging, poor skin quality and glandular (rather than fat) hypertrophy.
If your breasts are large but not sagging, liposuction alone can improve breast size and shape. If your breast is primarily fatty tissue, liposuction alone also can improve breast size and shape. Thus, liposuction alone is better instead of a traditional breast reduction operation in these cases. However, it cannot reshape or reduce the skin, and with ageing and gravity, you may eventually find you still need traditional breast reduction surgery.
Breast reduction using liposuction alone involves removing excess fatty tissue from the breasts in order to reduce overall volume. Following the liposuction, if your breasts are not too droopy, the remaining skin will shrink naturally over time to fit the new breast volume.
The surgeon makes a small incision under the armpit or in the crease beneath the breast. The cannula is inserted into the breast through this incision to break up and remove fatty tissue and reduce breast volume. This technique only affects the fatty tissue and not the connective tissue of the breast.
Known as scarless breast reduction surgery requiring only small inconspicuous incisions there are almost no scars. There is no risk of sensation loss in the nipple area or breast skin by not removing or shifting the nipple. Additionally, the milk ducts are usually not affected and breastfeeding is still possible following the procedure. Recovery is faster than with the traditional breast reduction method.
Scarless breast reduction surgery is not the best choice for women with excessively large breasts or those with more glandular tissue than fatty tissue because liposuction only reduces the amount of fatty tissue in the breasts. This technique will not affect the shape of the breasts or provide a visible lift especially if the breasts already appear droopy.
At the time of your breast reduction Malaysia surgery, your surgeon may place drains in your breasts. This is to prevent a build-up of fluid in the breast area. Drains will be removed before you are discharged.
You will have dressing on your incisions and will need to wear a surgical support bra.
All surgical procedures, including breast reduction, pose possible health complications and post recovery cosmetic risks. Breast reduction complications are a rare occurrence but no surgeon can guarantee a breast reduction without problems. In addition to specific breast reduction risks, potential problems for any surgical procedure include poor reaction to anaesthesia, bleeding, infection, and hematoma.
The most common breast reduction complications are the scars. Breast reduction scars only fade over time. Within a year most scars will fade until they are barely noticeable. In fact, all scars will be hidden underneath a bra or clothing even low cut tops.
Getting back to normal
- Healthy, non-smoking patients will usually heal faster than patients with more health complications.
- Once you have returned home, you will need to take it easy for two to six weeks. This will be depending on your age and general fitness.
- The length of time you need to keep the dressings on will depend on how quickly your wounds heal. After one week, your stitches will either dissolve or be removed at a follow-up appointment.
- You will need to wear a good quality sports bra without underwire or a compression post-surgery bra. It will take 4 to 6 weeks while your breasts are healing.
- Your surgeon will advise you when you can resume your normal activities and return to work. You may need to take one to four weeks off, depending on what your work involves.
- Avoid stretching, strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for up to six weeks after your operation.
- You should avoid driving until you no longer experience any pain when wearing a seat-belt.
You should notice the difference in breast volume immediately. If the procedure was due to back pain associated with very large breasts, pain relief is usually immediate. After the swelling subsides, you will begin to notice a difference in the compact. Definitely, results in a more youthful appearance of your breasts.
If you have a question or would like to find out which of these procedures would be the most suitable for you, please fill in an inquiry form or send us an email.
INCLUDED: BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY FULL SERVICE
- Arranging appointments and sending you your itinerary with details of appointments and other
relevant information about your surgery and stay in Kuala Lumpur.
- Email and Telephone communication to answer any questions about any aspect of your trip, the
procedures, the surgeons and hospitals or Kuala Lumpur.
- Airport transfers to and from your hotel.
- One of our experienced team will be assigned to you and will accompany you to your Preconsultation with the surgeon.
- She will arrange transport and accompany you to the hospital for admission. And also, your
return transfer back to your Hotel after discharge.
- See or be in contact with you daily.
- Help you with dressings and personal care if required.
- Help you with grocery shopping when needed.
- Accompany you to all follow-up consultations.
- Organize extra follow up consultations if you have any concerns or would like to see your
surgeon for any reason.
- Available for you to call 24/7.
- Arrange any additional treatment you would like such as dental appointments, non-surgical
EXTRA SERVICES NOT INCLUDED:
- SLEEPOVER: If you are a female travelling alone we can organize one of our team to sleep
over for 1 to 3 nights after you have been discharged. Cost RM150 per night.
- CHILD CARE: Child Care services during the day – cost RM25 per Hour.
NOTE: Extra Services must be arranged at least 3 weeks in advance.
- HOTEL BOOKING
NOTE: We can book a hotel for you but also offer a list of approved Hotels you can book online. This
means you can take advantage of the substantial discounts offered by the online booking services.
For more information please fill in an inquiry form or email: email@example.com