GENDER REASSIGNMENT SURGERY
Sex Reassignment Surgery can be undertaken when an individual feels that his or her gender at birth does not match their gender identity. Individuals living with internal conflict may wish to take surgical. And also, non-surgical options to enable transitioning into the gender they feel comfortable with.
Candidates for Gender Reassignment Surgery:
- Maybe uncomfortable with the gender they are and wish to become the gender they feel more comfortable with
- Understand that this surgery is a permanent procedure
- Make themselves aware of the steps involved in these procedures
- Aware of their legal status in the country they intend to reside in after these procedures
- Discuss these procedures and the changes that will take place with people they are closely associated with. Or seek reliable advice from health professionals
In fact, there are many different procedures which can be undertaken depending on each individual’s special requirements.
Surgical Procedures which can be undertaken at the same time which includes:
Orchiectomy (removal of the testicles)
This procedure is easily performed but will cause changes to the production of male hormones.
Penectomy (removal of the penis)
This further step can be undertaken and can also be combined with the creation of female genitals if desired
Vaginoplasty (creating a vagina)
The skin of the penis is used to create the walls of the vagina. Certainly, the way this is undertaken will depend on the individual and the surgeon’s technique. There are several other procedures which can be done at the same time including Labiaplasty and Clitoroplasty
There are many options available for this, Facelift, Brow Lift, Nose reshapes and Tracheal Reduction.
Of course, all of these procedures will depend on each individual’s condition. And also, the extent of change they wish to undergo.
Contact us for more information or send us an email.